Imagine waking up each morning with your eyes already looking like a million dollars and not having to do anything to make them look any more beautiful than they already are. Now, in another situation, imagine waking up every day only to find your lashes losing their shine, and slowly, you notice they are falling out until you are left with a lackluster look that takes the joy out of your morning. Would you blame your dirty, unwashed, and unkempt lash extensions? If you have been slacking off or you’re not washing correctly, chances are your lashes are causing you more worry and pain than joy and confidence.
Why Should You Clean Your Lash Extensions?
Clean extensions allow your lashes to fan out and create a fuller and more voluminous look, increasing the longevity of your lashes. Prolong Lash cleanser is designed to answer the needs of eyelash extension artists and their customers. Specifically formulated for eyelash extensions, it provides the perfect safety and gentleness that your delicate lashes and sensitive skin requires. Using natural ingredients, it does not cause irritation or allergic reaction, irrespective of your skin type. Here is step-by-step for how to use our cleanser kit to wash your lashes:
How to Wash Your Lash Extensions?
- Step 1: Prepare the cleanser: If you are using our cleanser, ensure you create the right solution to optimize its effectiveness. Follow the instructions here. If you have purchased the Foaming Cleanser Pump, you can skip this step because the foam pump solution is premixed for your convenience.
- Step 2: Remove makeup: Removing your makeup is vital. Wet the soft makeup cloth in the kit to gently wipe away residual makeup or dirt from your eyelids, lashes and face. The cloth is designed to be snag-free to ensure your lashes stay intact while gently wiping off makeup and dirt on the surface of your skin.
- Step 3: Apply the cleanser: Dampen your lashes by splashing some water and applying a small amount of the foamy cleanser to the brush. Use gentle, circular motions to work the cleanser into your lashes and remove dirt or build-up.
- Step 4: Rinse your lashes with water to thoroughly cleanse.
- Step 5: Comb your lashes: Use the lash comb to gently comb through them to remove tangles and separate them for a more natural look.
- Step 6: Pat dry: Pat dry your lashes with our soft makeup cloth or soft towel, which provides the perfect solution to allay your fears of pulling at a single lash.
1. How Often Should I Wash My Lashes?
Wash your eyelash extensions at least once daily to remove any dirt, oil, or build-up that may accumulate. However, you may need to wash them more frequently if you wear makeup or have an active lifestyle.
2. Why Do I Need To Wash My Eyelash Extensions Every Day?
Like any other part of your beauty routine, washing your lash extensions is essential for their longevity and your happiness. Dirty lashes can build up oil, dirt, and bacteria that will dull your beautiful lashes and cause irritation and infection. By washing your lashes daily, you are keeping them clean and healthy, preventing unnecessary discomfort and unsightly effects.
3. How Do I Make My Eyelash Extensions Last Longer?
Ensuring you wash your lashes daily is essential to making them last, and using the right cleaning agent is key to their health and longevity. Eyelash artists across 80 countries vouch for Prolong Lash cleansers, for we are the pioneers in formulating a cleanser designed specifically for lash extensions. It thoroughly cleans your lashes allowing them to fan out and create a fuller and more voluminous look, increasing the longevity of your lashes.
4. How Do You Wash Your Eyelash Extensions?
Prolong Lash cleanser kit provides the items required to ensure your lashes are cleaned thoroughly and safely. Prolong Lash shampoos and concentrates are highly effective. First, remove your makeup by dabbing water onto the soft and snag-free makeup cloth, squirt some cleaner foam on the brush, gently spread it all over the lash line in a circular motion, then pat them dry. Lastly, use the lash comb to add fluff and volume.
5. What is the best lash cleanser on the market?
There are many cleansers on the market, some of which claim to be vegan-friendly, and you may think they will work well with your lash extensions. However, we recommend using Prolong Lash cleansers as they are the best lash cleanser concentrate and foaming cleanser pump specially formulated to partner with your lashes. In addition, the ingredients used are lash extensions-friendly, giving you the confidence that your lashes will be safe. Avoid using harsh or oil-based cleansers that can damage the extensions or cause them to fall out prematurely.
6. Can I Wash My Lashes With Baby Shampoos?
Baby shampoos were recommended in the past as there were no other options available to lash artists. However, when Prolong Lash reached out to Johnson’s®, they replied that baby shampoo is designed for babies at bath time to gently clean your baby’s hair and scalp and that their product is not designed for the purpose of cleansing eyelash extensions. While baby shampoo contains a numbing agent to reduce eye irritations, it can still cause tearing. Prolong Lash shampoo is your answer to safely cleansing your lash extensions.
Watch our video to understand why you should NOT use baby shampoo on your eyelash extensions:
7. Are You Supposed To Brush Your Lashes After Washing Them?
It is generally recommended to brush your lashes after washing them. This helps to separate and untangle any clumps or tangles that may have formed during the washing process. However, it is essential to be gentle when brushing your lashes to avoid damaging them. Use a clean spoolie or specialized lash brush and brush from the base of the lashes to the tips in a gentle, upward motion.
8. How to Make Lash Shampoos with Prolong Lash?
Prolong Lash Cleanser Concentrates come in two sizes- 3.4 fl oz. and 33.8 fl oz. Mix 1 part concentrate to 2 parts distilled water in an empty foaming pump bottle and shake well.
9. Which One is Better, Prolong Lash Cleanser Concentrate or Prolong Lash Foaming Pump?
It depends on personal preference and usage habits. For example, Prolong Lash Cleanser Concentrate bottles are eco-friendly as they require less packaging and can be diluted to make more products, which will save money in the long run. On the other hand, our Foamingleanser Pumps provide a pre-measured amount of product, making them more convenient to use on the go.
10. Is Prolong Lash Cleanser Safe?
Yes, the Prolong Lash Cleanser range is safe when used as directed. It is specifically formulated for use on eyelashes and is free from harsh chemicals that could cause irritation or harm to the eyes or eyelashes. In addition, it is vegan-friendly and ophthalmologically tested, making it your go-to product.
11. What Are The Ingredients in Prolong Lash Cleansers?
The ingredients used in Prolong Lash Cleansers are vegan-friendly and contain no harmful ingredients. Cabbage Rose (Rosa Centifolia) Flower Water, Water (Aqua), Lauryl Betaine, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Extract.
12. Why Do My Lash Extensions Sting in the Shower?
When you get your lashes done, a gap of 1mm is maintained between your lash line and natural lashes, giving it more room for dirt to collect. Typically, our skin produces oils daily and the face products we use all leave residues that will settle on our lash line; if not appropriately cleaned every day with an effective cleanser, chances are the cause of stinging is a build-up of oils and residue on the skin’s surface that trickle down and enter your eyes when you go into the shower.
13. What Should I Do if My Eyelash Extensions Start to Fall Out or Feel Loose After Washing Them?
If you notice that your eyelash extensions are falling out or feel loose after washing them, contact your lash artist or salon for advice. They may need to adjust your extensions or recommend a different cleansing routine.
14. Which is the Best Lash Shampoo for Eyelash Extensions?
Prolong Lash Cleansers offer several advantages over other cleansers on the market, including:
- Specifically formulated for lash extensions: Prolong Lash Cleansers are specially designed for eyelash extensions, making it safe and gentle for delicate lash fibers.
- Effectively removes dirt and debris: Our cleansers are formulated to effectively remove dirt, oil, and makeup residue from lash extensions, helping to keep them clean and healthy.
- Non-irritating: Our products are free from harsh chemicals and non-irritating to the eyes and skin, making them safe for even the most sensitive individuals.
- Easy to use: They are simple and easy to use, with most products requiring only a small amount of solution and a gentle application with a brush or applicator.
- Helps extend the life of lash extensions: By keeping lash extensions clean and free from debris, the Prolong Lash Cleanser Concentrate and Foaming Cleanser Pump can help extend the extensions’ lifespan, allowing you to enjoy them for extended periods.
Washing your eyelash extensions is an important part of keeping your beautiful new beauty hack looking clean and fresh, helping to extend the life of your lashes and prevent any irritations or infection due to oil and dirt buildup. Add to your skincare routine with the industry-leading Cleanser Concentrate from Prolong Lash and learn how to become a certified Prolong Lash partner for your small business now.